Bios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amidamaru

In Runtime
I would like to update my Bios. Except im having trouble finding it. I know its an AMI.

From esupport Bios Agent

BIOS Date: 09/13/02
BIOS Type: American Megatrends
BIOS ID: 62-0913-001131-00101111-071595-SiS730S-M810LR
OEM Sign-On: Release 09/13/2002 S
Chipset: SiS 730 rev 2
Superio: ITE 8705/SiS 950 rev 2 found at port 2Eh
CPU: AMD 1533 Mhz
BIOS ROM In Socket: Yes
BIOS ROM Size: 256K
Memory Installed: 512 MB
Memory Maximum: 512 MB
Memory Slot 01: 512 MB
Memory Slot 02: 0 MB
Memory Slot 03: 0 MB
Memory Slot 04: 0 MB

The bad thing is though before hand i have tried a program but it said my motherboard was a PCChips but with searching on the Internet it says its an ECS motherboard? I have no idea on the BIOS I need...

Motherboard Pic #1
Motherboard Pic #2

PC Chips should supply you with a BIOS upgrade via their site, not AMI since you have a customized by PC Chips bios.

Well thats the thing.
1. PC Chips have a bob website
2. Other programs say my motherboard is a ECS.

Thats the problem..

Sorry for insult, but this goes out to everyone:
If you're going to post here, I really think you should look for the answer, learning it more, than to ask for a direct answer here (sorry if insult).
I just googled "62-0913-001131-00101111-071595-SiS730S-M810LR", and wow does it tell you a lot.

Well supposably my AGP slot can do 4x but at the moment it can only do 2x. I thought maybe updating the BIOS might change it. I just want a performance increase on my PC.

I have tried google tons of times but that doesn't make it tell me what kind of motherboard it is. There is two terms which i get for that code. PCChips and ECS. I cannot have two different motherboards. Therefore, i cannot be sure what it is...

If your board supports AGP 4x, then it shouldn't need a BIOS flash.

BIOS updates don't unlock things that aren't already there in your current BIOS.

Either it's a 2x AGP slot, which I believe requires like 3.3v video cards, the much older ones compared to 4x and 8x needing the 1.5v video cards.

The option has to currently be in your BIOS or your board does not support AGP 4x.

I can set the AGP speed in my BIOS so perhaps yours has the same options

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom