Right click crashes Windows Explorer

Status
Not open for further replies.

RevCor632

Baseband Member
I went to Start, and right clicked on My Computer, and explorer crashed for a few seconds, then came back up. (At least I think that's what it is. What happens is the task bar at the bottom goes away) I tried right clicking on various desktop icons, and they all make it do this. I can right click on open space on the desktop, but not an icon. Please help, I need to be able to right click.

Well, what have you installed lately? If you could give me more information, I could give you the solution.

I don't have McAfee, and the only things I've installed lately are StuffIt Standard, and Direct X 9.0c.

I did DirectX because yesterday, out of no where, when i tried to listen to music or something, it started saying my DirectSound drivers were bad or something.

Well, I'd try to remove DirectX and see what happends.. IF your sound worked fine before you installed it. Otherwise, it's probably not the problem.

My sound WASN'T working before I reinstalled DirectX. That's the reason I reinstalled it. But the sound stopped working out of no where, so I don't know why it did. But now it works since I reinstalled DirectX. And how do you uninstall DirectX?

Anybody??? It's really pissing me off....

also, if anybody knows any AV programs other than trend micro, mcafee, norton, avg, and ewido, can you tell me some good ones?

The right-click menu can be easily clogged up by various programs stick items in it. Try to remember what was on your right click menu before this started happening, and uninstall all of it, starting with Stuffit, which is a recent addtion and almost certainly added things to that menu. Good luck.

Um, AV = avast!
Also, you should Add/Remove programs DirectX (you can do this, right?). Then if it's not just going back to an older version, delete registry entries.

Oh, and about the new installation, did you download it from somewhere else, get it from cd, etc..?? I may be able to give you a fix if I know where it came from. This would be from other people experiences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom