AMD 64 New System Building

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark_Sniper*

Fully Optimized
im going to be building a new system slowly right know i plan to get from newegg there 64 3200 winchester. Is this a good processer to OC and i would like to know what a good mobo that i want have to upgrade for a long time. if you guy can tell me if this is a good processer for gaming thanks and if you can also tell me a good mobo for it that would be great and a video card maybe. ANd i need to know whats a good CPU fan best one for this 64 bit are some that are good thanks.

do you know how many video card you can put in there and if you can put a few can they be nviada and ati or no im more with nviada.

the mobo is compatible with any card - nvidia or ati, so long as the card is PCI-Express. And no, it is not an SLI board. if you want one, so you can run two video cards simultaneously (SLI), that requires a different mobo.

If u dont want the Radeon X800 XL, i would suggest the geforce 6600 GT, or if u have the cash, the geforce 6800 GT.

I will be getting the Asus A8N-SLI. PCIexpress graphics, SLI (2 GPUs), GeForce 6600GTs if you are on a budget or 2 6800 Ultras if you got the cash to burn and want to game well into the future.

Mobo= $180
6600s= $200
6800s= $$$$

Try Newegg or MonarchComputers

most ppl here wouldnt recommend asus mobos, especially not for AMD machines. we would say go for the DFI Lanparty nForce 4 SLI board. O yea, im pretty sure that all SLI boards are pci-express.

Don't go for 2 6600gt's as they don't perform as well as a 6800gt for the same price.

I have to say I really like the X800xl.

If you go for getting a 6800gt, consider getting a sli board, and when you want to upgrade you can get anouther 6800gt cheaply, that will give you a nice boost in performance.

I also recomend the dfi boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom