Need a cheap, durable, no frills case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heresy

Baseband Member
I have an HP Pavillion that is a few years old that I want to remove the innards from and put into a new case. The fan is too loud, it's clunky, and the airflow could be better. Also, I just figure I wouldn't mind getting a larger case if I later want to do a DIY build.

So, my budget is around $50. I don't care how it looks really. I just want it to be sturdy, be quiet, and cool alright.

As for fitting the motherboard in the case, be prepared to use a drill, as the holes would be in a different place on pre built pc's.

For cases, you are going to have to make the final desicion as you are the one that is going to have to see it every day. So get one that you really like the look of, even if it costs a bit more. Look at review's for it as well. I would recomend a all metal one, preferable aluminium (due to it being lighter,) as the front of my Antec case is plastic, and I broke it, so I had to take off the things that lock it in place to get it to go on. :(

apokalipse said:
I don't think HP make their own motherboards, so it should be the standard ATX size

I read the same thing when I searched this forum and others on the subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom