Problem when installing SP2;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rawan AbuSalman

Daemon Poster
Hi,
I was trying to install SP2 which my friend downloaded for me (he has fast inernet)

After extracting the files, the Setup screen appeared.
I press next next...as usual and it starts installing

Then, after a while, an error message appeared saying that it cant copy atapi.sys
(please check the attached image;snapshot of the error message)

I then clicked cancel and a message said continue setup and skip that file.
I clicked ok and setup continud.
After some time (a lot of time!!), setup finished installing and a message appeared that I need to restart the computer

I clicked yes and it restarted.

But the problem is that when the copmuter restarted, it could not load to windows (I have XP Pro)
The black screen appeared and the options were Start Windows normaly (did not work), last good configuration (did not work), safe mode, safe mode with cmd...

I then went into safe mode and it worked.
I did system restore to the point before installing SP2.
Everything worked well afterwards

I tried the installation again after copying the SP2 setup file from the CD to my hard drive (maybe it was a reading error from the CD), same problem.

Can any one he lp me?

Thank You

PS: Is there a way to download it (as a setup file not as an update) from the Microsoft website?
My friend told me that he downloaded it from there (microsoft website) but when I tried, it said "Turn on automatic updates to get this update"
I want to download as a file to be saved on my hard disk
And does it make a difference if it was downloaded from a 3rd party site (other than microsoft)?

Ya, me too.
I've had for over 2 or 3 months now (on a cd) but I dindt install it becuase of what I've heard about it.

Then. a couple of days ago, some one advisd me to install it so I checked some polls and reviews and EVEYONE advised to install it.

Besides, I just formatted my computer so I lost all updates and I was advised to install SP2, it will cover for all those lost updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom