saved on far cry, then acting up, help

Status
Not open for further replies.
no, it doesn't show me temps on the video card.

got the latest drivers for vid card.

got latest patches for the game.

ran anti virus & spyware.

checked display settings.

it's gotta be an overheat or I don't know what the hell is wrong.

The only thing that i can suggest is to test out your video card and monitor on another computer.

Atleast by doing that you can isolate the problem down abit.

Try reformattin..

and those lines sound like Artefacts... can you get like a screenshot ?? coz if its them.. then the gpu is overheating.. have you done any overclocking ?

no I have not overclocked it, but I know that my video card sits right next to my soundcard, both did feel pretty hot.

I tried hitting the print screen button then pasting a screenshot here but it doesn't work.

I think you are right, my video card is overheating. One other thing I was going to mention is that I also recently changed my power supply and my new PSU only had a 20 pin connector, and my mobo has 24 pins, I thought I would be okay to use the computer without that adapter for one week.

Do you think if I installed the PSU adapter, a couple extra case fans, and moved my sound card down one pci slot to give my video card some room, do you think this would help and I would lose the blue pinstripes all over my screen, and be able to game again?

I wouldn't jump to that comclusion yet. It wan't overclocked, so that certainly bodes well for it. I would move your soundcard down to your bottom-most PCI slot, as you said, and then look into buy a slot fan. They are rediculously cheap (around $5-$10US) and can suck/blow right onto your video card.
Does your video card have a fan? If so, which way does it blow (or is it even moving, that could be your problem irght there)? If it blows air out of your heatsink, then a slot cooler at lowish RPMs would be an excellent idea (it exhasuts the hot air right out of the case). If it sucks air in, then a coolr might not be such a good idea.

If the fan on your card isn't moving while the comp is on, try running farcry, if you feel comfortable doing so, get into the game (the actual gameplay, not just the menus), and then check the fan. Now, it MUST be running. If it isn't, then unplug the computer INSTANTLY, and call the company and see about a return. If after letting the card cool down to room temp, moving the sound card down, updating your video drivers, and possibly reformmatting your machine, and trying a different display, OR if the card does the same thign in another comp, then see about a retunr. If it's only a week old and never overclocked, they will probbly accept it and give you a new one, although I might ask for a refund and buy one from another company.

EDIT: Oh yeah, look at your mobo manual and see if running only 20 pins is OK. I know my ATX connector is 24 pins, but it is fine for me to run a 20 pin on it.

moved my sound card to the bottom PCI slot, so now their is an empty pci slot between my vid & sound card. I just checked the fan on the video card, it is spinning and pushes air downward, should I put a pci cooler next to it or something like that?

I will recieve my power supply adapter in the mail tommorrow. I'll install that and give evga a call to see what their tech support tells me to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom