Can't install ActiveSync

Status
Not open for further replies.

aye29

Daemon Poster
I cant install ActiveSync for some reason. Everytime I try, the installer extracts the setup files but it doesent do anything. I checked in TaskManager process list and setup.exe and is_setup.exe are both running processes but the actual setup screen never appears. I've tried leaving it alone for over 30 minutes and nothing ever happens. Only in the last few secondes before the computer shuts down does the setup screen appear but by then its too late. How can I fix this? I am trying to install ActiveSync 3.7.1 and just did a fresh install of Windows XP Pro SP2.

hate to tell u this but i have no clue.. what is activesync? maybe we can replace what it does... thats my best idea. also.. if u extract them u can go to where u put the files and maybe hit end task in ur manager.. then start them over from there that might work.. sorry if that doesn't help

AcitveSync is the Microsoft program that allows communication between a PC and a Pocket PC.

I managed to fix the problem. Turns out another process ZCfgSVC.exe was causing the problem and ending that process allows setup to continue normally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom