headphone

Status
Not open for further replies.
DJ-CHRIS said:
Try wearing some sony mdr v700's for an hour

Their like 350g headphones

What is that? Like 12 oz. or so? Now if I could only reference what 12 oz feels like on my head I might know what they feel like.

Jonathan Bones said:
I love my six-speaker Zalmans, and don't find them to be heavy at all. In fact, they're the only set of full-size headphones I've ever been able to wear for long periods without my ears becoming sore on account of my glasses. My ears can get a little warm sometimes, but it really isn't a problem.

I find the sound to be superb, but then I'm not an audio freak. I was used to using cheap stereo headphones. My more-adept friend told me they're a little light on the low-range, but that doesn't seem to bother me.

The downside? No volume control on the cable. I don't mind adjusting via the software control panel, but having the control is a great convenience.
I have volume controls on my keyboard so this is not an issue for me :D

although there might still be a way for you to bind volume controls to some keys to make it easier, though I'm not sure how.

dale5605 said:
I have volume controls on my keyboard so this is not an issue for me :D

although there might still be a way for you to bind volume controls to some keys to make it easier, though I'm not sure how.

Yeah, I've been thinking of getting a media keyboard with that. They work fine with Creative sound panels, right? Which keyboard are you using, yourself?

As for global bindings, I've wondered about that before but haven't done a whole lot of research.

I totally agree with Dale when it comes to the headphones, they are really great, down fall is they have no volume control but like Dale says, he doesn't care because he has bolume control on his keyboard, so do I.

The other problem is that your ears can get wear from time to time and require you to take them off but its fine take them off for 5minutes and all's good.

But apart from that, I can't complain! :)

Jonathan Bones said:
Yeah, I've been thinking of getting a media keyboard with that. They work fine with Creative sound panels, right? Which keyboard are you using, yourself?

As for global bindings, I've wondered about that before but haven't done a whole lot of research.
Yea it works fine, I have the creative sound panel running in the tray and when I use the volume buttons it turns the volume on the sound card up and down (not windows volume) which is really cool. There's about 25 notches in the volume meter and you can just keep going up and down by hitting the buttons. And what's really nice is when I am in game if I up the volume after a second it blinks a few times so I can see what volume I'm at. There is also mute, play/pause and all that stuff. I like listening to music and stuff while gaming.
I got the Microsoft Multimedia keyboard. The layout of the buttons and everything seems really cool to me, though it takes a little while to get used to.

I think a media keyboard is a necessity, it's very convenient and you should be able to find one for $20 or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom