No Monitor Signal!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Musjunk22

Daemon Poster
I just reformatted my comp and had it running for about 2 hours when I went to install some drivers the monitor just turns off. I move the mouse press a few buttons, turn the monitor on and off and it says "no signal" so I know by now that its not in standby. I shut the comp off and restart it but when I turn it on the cd and floppy drives don't blink their LED's like they always do when the comp turns on. But still after restarting their is no video signal no BIOS screen no POST test or anything. I opened the side of my case to see if any wires got loose, cleaned everyhthing off and tried again but still no luck. The mobo isn't even beeping at startup not even an error beep. I did notice that I hear an unusual noise that sounds like a fan is rubbing on the side of something that wasn't doing so before, I checked avery fan but the noise still persists, could it be my hdd?

Anyone know whats wrong?

SOunds like your PSU crapped out.

Have you got any way to test it? Or a different one to swap out with it?

I do have another PSU but I have to take apart my other comp for that. Is it possible I can test it with an electric multimeter and not have to take apart my comp?, thanks for the reply I'm willing to do anything to fix this.

I'm not sure, but it seems like yuo should be able to.

Of course, you could always just wet your finger and try it out...

Well I don't feel up to doing that since the last time i tried that my skin started on fire, don't ask how i don't actually know but thats a story to tell, I'll try out the meter.

well i tested the psu with the multimeter and the 12V and 5V rails are good, I guess I'll try swapping the psu's. thanks for that link I never heard of that tool before.

Are you sure that your CPU fan is spinning? I had a computer that had a short in the CPU fan power cable and the computer did not startup if the RPM was low.

If that is not the answer to your problem you can see if this works.

Take your PSU and connect a green wire port to any black wire port with a paperclip on the connection that goes to the motherboard power. If it starts up and the fan spins your PSU works. Also check it with a mulimeter to make sure it is pumping out the correct voltage.

If your PSU works check the MOBO for any burn marks. Also while you are checking the mobo make sure that the power switch from the front bezel connector is connected correctly.

OK i did pretty much all I can do, (checked psu with multimeter,swapped video cards/PSU's, reseated ram) I pretty much took everything apart and put it back together again, still, the comp turns on but the led's on the cd drives don't flash when the comp is booted and there is no video signal, its like my comp is in standby mode permanently or in a coma. I have a comatose computer lol :) I think by now that the problem lies within the mobo or cpu. What do you guys think?

go and reset a jumper on ur mother board should be red. or maybe you installed two graphics drivers. i did once and the same thing happen here try unpuging the main power two the motherboard for like 20 minutes.ummmmmm or if theres a few switches where u can turn the mghz down on ur motherboard put it to the lowest. try ever thing dude. but i doubt its ur cpu. this exact thing happen to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom