Fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latty05

Baseband Member
hi there

i have a HP presario desktop pc pentium 4. 3 ghz and recently the fan has been acting strange like it randomly starts when im just doing general surfing the web.
i opened it up and cleaned out the fans of dust etc but it still does it i downloaded Speedfan and it said remote1 was at 57C
remote 2 at 24C ambient at 27C and HD0 at 31C is this bad or not cos im kinda new to this.
it also does this alot when playing games which i would expect
kinda worried the components will burn out or something
shgould i get a silent fan? cos its so noisy! and annoying when trying to sleep.

Your computer can have a temp limit, then once your system hits this limit. Your fan automatically turns on. But it seems like you just noticed it. So why wouldent you of noticed it when you first got this computer. Thats what makes me think their might be a slight problem. Your fan could of screwed up, and now its noisey.

Your Remote1, which was at 57c, is your cpu temp. Thats not very bad, depending on what applications were running at the moment. But first, where is this fan located in your computer? Another thing, what size is this fan? Its either a 80mm fan or a 120mm fan.

It seems like Codeine has given you a good answer, but could this be a power supply problem? Maybe the voltage that goes to the fan is changin too much? I'm not familier with things like that, but I had a custom fan once, and the voltage in the power supply kept changing so the fan was reving up and down, ended up removing the fan... Lastly, you could always exchange this fan for another one...maybe swap it with the other case fans that you might have. Hope this may help you out a little.

It's most likely that power conservation is enabled in bios. That's part of the reason they can get that Energystar compliant sign on their boxes.. which consumers are drawn to.

Just means, if your system/cpu is at or below certain temps, it won't bother turning on.. you should be able to disable it in bios.. or leave it on.

If you leave it turned on in bios, make sure you're monitoring your temps somehow..

He just stated that the fan was a stock fan. Not aftermarket. So their would be no voltage problem.

If you leave it turned on in bios, make sure you're monitoring your temps somehow..

if he leaves the fan on, why would he need to monitor its temps? u cant get a CPU to cooled can u?? i didnt think it mattered how cold it got untill maybe u got bellow freezing.
-------------------------------------

the first 57c temp in Speedfan probably isnt his CPU temp.

i just went threw Speedfans faq recently because the program isalso new to me. and it says to leave your pc at idle, watch Speedfans temps, then start a high load on your CPU and see witch temp starts rising.

This worked for me, my 4 temps in speed fan read.... 24, 22, 73, 31hd0.

i started up Prime95s torture test and temp#2(22) gradually rose to 34c. so the 2nd one was my CPU.

it also says if there is an abnormally high or low reading on a temp, that sensor probably isnt hooked up to anything on your bourd so just ignore it.

I say the fan might be screwed up and it is a temperature controlled fan like if it is at 50 degrees it is only going at 1800 rpm or if it is at 60 degrees then it's at 4000 rpm etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom