Windows XP keeps restarting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sylvan56473 said:
I tried repairing Windows Xp again and about 1/2 way or more into it a box popped up that said this

"The software you are installing for
NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX 400
has not passed Windows logo testing to verify its compatibility with Windows XP"

Then you have a choice to either continue installing it or cancel. No matter which way I chose the computer restarts just seconds afterwards.

Is it possible that this may be causing something?
Nah. This just means that NVIDIA didn't get off their arses to register their new update/hardware with Windows. So Windows doesn't recognize it. As long as the drivers you have say "For XP" then yer fine.

I've had this problem before - we found it to be bad RAM, suggest getting some diagnostics SW to see if u can find anything wrong with the computer's hardware!

If u download the 'Ultimate Boot CD', there are some diagnostics software there - http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/

also, there's PC-Check by EuroSoft that might help out too.

Good Luck.

Ugh, be smart, just get a new hard drive, copy all of your important information. Next, zero out all the sectors and re-install. You can get a small hard drive for, 20 bucks? Well, once zeroed out, just re-install, and if you have the same problem, then it's your software (a bug in itself).
Good luck.

i disagree sorry... if its bad software it prolly woulnd't keep happening.. or is it always this problem? and.. dont use windows cd to format. also.. to export.. usually u find it under file>export... hope that can help u

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom