DVD drive will not burn

Status
Not open for further replies.

mccuist

Beta member
I have a chaintech 7NJL1 MB and I cannot get any DVD bruner to write. I am wondering if the nvidia technology is doign something or if I need to change something in the BIOS. Any ideas? I have tried everything I can think of. I am running WinXP Pro with Nero (all updated). Called tech support and they could not help. Told me to return the drive. I did and still the same problem. I installed a Memorex DVD RW 16x internal. I heard somwhere that it could be the nvidia chipset on my MB or that I have to changte a setting.

Thank you.

The drive is set to master. Although I have switched them and even disconnected one so the Memorex was the only drive installed. I changed the ribbon cable. The error I get is failed to burn. I tried various media i the drive and even bought Memorex DVD +R 8x. Stumped the tech support people, they told me to take the drive back. I also cannot flash the drive. It just gives me a "flash error". I can read DVD and CD fine, can only burn to Memorex CD and cannot burn DVD at all.

there does seem something to be wrong with the drive itself if you can't even flash it.

i would take it back if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom