Would this work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcoax

Baseband Member
My windows xp just got screwed as it doesnt load anymore and safe mode doesnt load either, its caught in a booting loop. If I take out my hard drive, connect it in my friends computer, and copy paste only the windows folder from his harddrive and overwrite that folder on mine, then connect it back to my computer, would it work?

Nah... won't work - i can see a crap load of problems. Get your XP CD and try the repair function when booting from the CD.

And for the record - it's not the same. Your computers setup, settings, options ... won't be the same.

Best options, as jcortes put it, just format it.

Good luck.

Yeah dude, your registry for one thing. Try to run a repair on it, possibly avoid formatiting and losing stuff. Boot from the CD.

Not just the registry, there are about 1000 that would not let it work:
Main that I think of is your hardware.

hardware.. software.. history.. cache.. settings.. serial #s.. programs in general.. documents.. boot process.. shutdown processes.. any registry edits.. alot of stuff.. id love to see the error messages... if the repair doesn't work.. u could try to just back up the files u want and then format... but i dont even suggest what u had planned..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom