Quick Building Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
hewhohasissues said:
Just got a quick final question about cooling...

Will 1 PCI exhaust provide even cooling? I was actually going to have no exhaust fan till I spoke to someone who said it was a must.

I currently have 2x80mm fans at the back, 1x80mm at the side and 1x120 at the front. Should I turn one of these around to exhaust some hot air?

Actually, that sounds pretty adequate. You want to have more air exhausting than coming in.. reletive to CFM.
The reason just has to do with basic physics, if you're moving adequate hot air out, outside air will be pulled in displacing it. So, assuming that it's colder outside of your case than inside, cold air will work it's way in.
But, of course you should use intake fans to direct cool air where you need it.

If you're able to, place one of your 80mm exhausts in the top of your case, near the psu.

Don't forget that your psu is also exhausting hot air.

I don't have a fan at the top of my case.

I have two 80mm one under another just under the PSU

I have a Side 80mm fan but that'll be a hassle to turn around

And a 120mm fan at the front, what I want to keep cause it'll blow air directly onto the harddrive.

I thought about using the highest fan, one under the PSU as an exhaust cause hot air rises, but doesn't the PSU blow air? So wouldn't the fan be extracting the air from the PSU?

hewhohasissues said:
I don't have a fan at the top of my case.

I have two 80mm one under another just under the PSU

I have a Side 80mm fan but that'll be a hassle to turn around

And a 120mm fan at the front, what I want to keep cause it'll blow air directly onto the harddrive.

I thought about using the highest fan, one under the PSU as an exhaust cause hot air rises, but doesn't the PSU blow air? So wouldn't the fan be extracting the air from the PSU?

Okay, I assumed that your two fans under your psu were exhausting (blowing out) air. If that's not the case, then they should.

I think your placement of fans should be fine, they just need to be turned around - as appropriate - to make sure you have a good cycle.

The fans directly below your psu should be exhausting hot air, not intaking. The reason for that is because your psu is already blowing hot air out and those fans are intaking, you'll be taking in hot air. Do not make those two fans below your psu opposing blowers (as in one blows out while the other blows in) because you won't be achieving much. Just as one blows out hot air the other will bring it back it and so on and so on, ahieving very little air flow all around.

I would set your two fans below your psu as exhaust, keep the air intake fans on your side and front. This will ensure good airflow with cool air coming in the front/side and hot air going out of the back.

Go with Pro. Don't crack it, buy a leagal key, ect. And dont buy Office. Download Openoffice, it can read/write Office file formats and is free and open source.

I am by no means experienced but I know a couple of things:

Hot air rises. Use physics to help exhaust your case.

Metal/Plastic can always be manipulated. Grab a dremel and make it happen (If you're case can manage it)

EDIT: Just reread and noticed you said the same thing about hot air ; )

aznboi88 said:
this is a late reply but i think dual channel ram is suppose to be in slots 1 and 3

Perhaps cause 1 and 3 are the same colour, but there's nothing in the leaflets and manuals about it.

I've built my computer but am waiting for a 24pin adapter for my PSU/Motherboard, hopefully it'll run though I might have forgot to have grounded myself all the time, but need I worry? I've had my hands inside my dell a couple of times and nothings happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom