headphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

diabloII

Fully Optimized
i need good headphones for gaming and listening to music

what would you suggest (themajor suggested sennheiser pc-150, which is ~$50, a bit above my price range, but if it's really good, then i don't think it'll be a problem)

also, what do you guys think about that zalman surround sound headphone on newegg (it looks pretty cool, but i don't know how it sounds)

Ithink the PC-150 is very good, but I have no experience with other brands/types. You might be able to find it for 30-40 dollars.

The Zalman Surround looks heavy to me.

If you want a really good set of headphnes, go to Guitar Center or a like store and see what they carry and find a good one. Then cruise the internet and get it cheaper, because you will find it cheaper. Guitar Center always has good stuff. I got a REALLY nice sounding set of headphones for $60 from there that I use to play my guitar. They are pretty swell.

Him said:
If you want a really good set of headphnes, go to Guitar Center or a like store and see what they carry and find a good one. Then cruise the internet and get it cheaper, because you will find it cheaper. Guitar Center always has good stuff. I got a REALLY nice sounding set of headphones for $60 from there that I use to play my guitar. They are pretty swell.

Yep this is a great idea to go out and try before buy, for gaming keep weight in the equation, i cant wear my headphones gaming because their too heavy

Never really thought that weight was a factor in headphones. One's neck is rather strong.

The Zalman headset isn't heavy. It's heavy compared to some heatsets but I mean it's not like "oh gawd my head is getting tired from holding this weight" so I don't think that matters much.

I would get those but they might be cheaper on xoxide.com

If you're really into gaming then you should know on most games surround sound is superior to stereo even if it is at a lower quality. I like the zalman's, I think they own. Sound is really easy to hear and they can also get really loud if you want them too.

So for gaming I think they're awesome. For music I like them because I can hear the nice bass and everything. Although I'm not much into music so I don't know maybe they are lower in quality for that compared to good stereo phones, but it sounds just fine to me anyways.

You can get head phones that simulate surround sound. You can also configure stereo speakers to simulate surround sound, and it works pretty well. My brother has two speakers, but his mobo had an audio utility that let me simulate surround sound. I've seen headphones that are specially built to do that too. They are pricey. But my logic is, when it comes to sound, that I will not sacrifice quality to save money. I think many people will empathize with me on this one.

Simulating surround sound on stereo headphones is nothing like true surround sound. As far as I'm concerned I only game on surround sound because it's essential to pinpoint enemy locations. I could give up a little quality for that. I don't notice ther quality anyway, you need a fine ear for that. Also the zalmans are great with distinguishing soft noises which is also very important for gaming. So the quality of the sounds besides that has little effect.

If you are more into music then high-quality stereo headphones might sound better. But again you need a good ear. I tried using some headphones a friend of mine has, they are like some $300 headphones, I forget what they are called. But I couldn't tell the difference between those and my zalman's, honestly!

Him said:
Never really thought that weight was a factor in headphones. One's neck is rather strong.

Try wearing some sony mdr v700's for an hour

Their like 350g headphones

I love my six-speaker Zalmans, and don't find them to be heavy at all. In fact, they're the only set of full-size headphones I've ever been able to wear for long periods without my ears becoming sore on account of my glasses. My ears can get a little warm sometimes, but it really isn't a problem.

I find the sound to be superb, but then I'm not an audio freak. I was used to using cheap stereo headphones. My more-adept friend told me they're a little light on the low-range, but that doesn't seem to bother me.

The downside? No volume control on the cable. I don't mind adjusting via the software control panel, but having the control is a great convenience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom