Windows run commands

Status
Not open for further replies.

AND_YOU_ARE

Fully Optimized
Is there a website with all the available windows run commands. (I am reffering to start > run). I know a few, but wondering about others that might be of use.
Thanks.

Run is the equivalent to command line in Windows, so there arenÂ’t any "commands" that I know of that wouldn't be available in the command prompt. For example "progman" is the name of the application Program Manager...the same thing goes for typing in a directory....

-GrayWolf

well.... you can run just about anything from the command line... it's more of an os then an application... the possibilities for commands is endless. but hereÂ’s a site that has a lot of the basics
http://www.computerhope.com/msdos.htm
type “dos commands” into your favorite search engine, it'll bring up a ton of stuff

Gamer_RPK, I was able to get to the site, but your link is broken, remove the or fix the link. Thanks for the h...ands like: msconfig sfc/scannow and others.

oh, like commands to launch windows application??? ok... hummmm I dunno... you can try searching the web for key words like "command aliases" most of the time it's just the exe for app your looking to launch.... like [MMC] will open an empty MMC. winword - MS Word. mspaint - paint... as far as a list, i haven't come across one yet, but here's one last one, it's nice lil hidden feature in XP [control userpasswords2] allows you to setup automatic login for XP with a password. but I'll take a look see, let you know if i find anything.

There are just so many of them. There are levels upon levels. You can find a command and run it, but then there are all the switched you can use. I dont know where you can find a list or anything. What i used to do is when I was bored I would just go into the Windows folder and the system32 folder and cruise around. Just finding all the little programs in there. You just have to look around, see what you can find.

You can also add shortcuts to your programs in the c:/WINDOWS/system32 folder, and type the shortcut name and it will open it. This is helpful if you don't want the icons/start menu items of the program to be shared with other users.

There are a ton of these.
The ones that I use often are the following:
iexplore - Opens IE
compmgmt.msc - opens computer management
calc - calculator
winword - office word
excel - office excel
appwiz.cpl - add remove programs
eventvwr - local event viewer
gpedit.msc - group policy ediot
services.msc - services
mmc - Loading platform for all MSC's
mstsc - remote desktop
desk.cpl - desktop properties
sysadm.cpl - system properties
inetcpl.cpl - IE properties
hdwwiz.cpl - add remove hardware
nusrmgr.cpl - user manager

those are a few of my favorites. There are a lot of others that I use, I'm actually making a list of all the MSC, CPL and rundll32 based executions I use for out tech teams to use as reference.

Hope that helps.

Inaris said:

those are a few of my favorites. There are a lot of others that I use, I'm actually making a list of all the MSC, CPL and rundll32 based executions I use for out tech teams to use as reference.

Hope that helps.

It did, and i didnt even start the thread. Do you think you can post the list when you finish it? I dont know about anyone else, but that would be greatly helpful to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom