I need RAM - I'm a complete newb

Status
Not open for further replies.

ApeRadius

Solid State Member
I know nothing about computer hardware but I do know I need more ram. I currently have only 128MB of RAM.

I need to find out what type of RAM will actually work on my computer. I would like atleast 128MB more, but I would loooove 512 ;).

I will post what I htink all the information you need to tell me what kind of RAM I need.

I have an AMD Athlon Processor and 128MB of SDRAM.

If there is anymore information you need to tell me the right RAM that will work for my PC, please ask!

Thanks so much for your time!!

-Jesse :bald:

You need to know what speed RAM you have. E.g. PC2700, PC3200, etc. Then you'll probably want some more RAM matching that.

He needs SDRAM. Pin-168. go to newegg.com and find a stick of ram that is SDRAM and is that same speed as what you are using. (You can find this out by using CPU-Z) But it is not guarenteed to work. SDRAM is very picky. If you feel like spending a few extra bucks go to crucial.com you are guarenteed to get a compatible stick of ram.

I found the RAM I need. Thanks!

Also: Is there any other hardware that I should find out information about to see if I need upgrading? Mine as well upgrade whatever else while I'm at it.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom