DVD-R vs. DVD+R

Status
Not open for further replies.
horndude said:
yes things have changed, and an awful lot of people out there that still have dvd players that happily play about 90% of the disks used in them, and in most cases dvd-r's work just fine,same with dvd+r

not all burners support bitsetting, nor does all the software either for that matter

not all store bought or production dvd's are all that great either, ive run into a few that wouldnt play in some players, it happens

bottom line, make a few,see what works, and stick with it

yes i agree that dvd-r and dvd+r play in alot of dvd players, but when using dvd+r and bitsetting you fill the rest of that 10 percent by setting it to dvd-rom which you can't do with a dvd-r disc.

true not all burners support bitsetting but there's alot that do. also major burning software like nero does, there are others too.

yep there are alot of cheap dvd media out there. gotta make sure you get some good quality very important.

but what i am saying in the end. is that +R media with a dvd burner that supports bitsetting is more compatible then -R

i burn both myself and the +r always does a better job of playing in dvd players.

horndude said:
sorry, but its not too tough to figure out really if youve ever burned a cdr, same exact principles, just different format and filesystem,cdr's went thru the exact same process when they came out, at first the burners were faster than the disks,then the disks got faster quicker than the hardware did, now they are equal, DVD's are going the same way

Evidently it is tough to figure out, as no one seems to know the difference between "+" and "-". I have burned a CD-R-- but CD-R only ever had one format. And it's not the concept that I didn't understand. It's the way that everyone had been saying it.

It's not my intention to argue with you-- I'm not sure where this became a debate.

ZeroX said:
true not all burners support bitsetting but there's alot that do. also major burning software like nero does, there are others too.

Do you need to use the software in conjuntion with hardware bitsetting, or can Nero be used for it with any DVD-RW drive?

you need a dvd burner that has the bitsetting option.

nero can only use the setting with a drive that supports it.

If you need help with anything, PM me. Their are alot of jerks that like to cause arguements on this forum.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom