scsi

Status
Not open for further replies.

sKiTzo

Solid State Member
I installed a scsi drive w/a scsi pci card and device manager is THE only thing that sees it. The rest of windows (xp) will not. Once I format the damn thing my problem will be solved. Thing is, I can't find a hard disk utility or reformatting program that will recognize it either! Can someone point me in the right direction?

Negative - no terminator. Is that all I need? This is the first I've heard of this although I've seen them in the ribbons/connectors/adapters section at Fry's. I'll try that, thanks.

The terminator that Apokalipse is refering to is an active terminator - looks like a black plastic rectangle normally that is either hardwired to the cable or plugs in to the end of the cable.

But this is normally only necessary for use with 68pin scsi. Older 50 pin doesn't really require it BUT both types of drive must have their termination jumper (on rear or underside of drive) enabled if they are the last device, or only device, on the chain.

If you have got a 68pin drive, then the scsi card itself should have a bios chip (ie be bootable). So in fact are some 50 pin cards also. If so, it should display the cards make/model on screen just after the normal post test. It should also give you the option to enter the scsi bios settings.

If it does, then do this & see if the drive is being detected in the scsi bios

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom