Wrong PSU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hewhohasissues

In Runtime
I brought an Antec True Blue and was in the process of building my first when I discovered the power thingy that connects to the ATX power socket on the mother board was too small!

Does this mean I've a wrong PSU that won't power my machine?

Here's my PSU and it says 'Its ATX12V compliance allows its use with the latest Pentium 4 processors while its backward compatibility ensures its usability with any ATX-based AMD or Intel system'

Mines an AMD that has a ATX socket? :S

PSU

If I remember correctly, the new 24-pin mobos are "required" to work with 20-pin PSUs. It's supposedly in the specification. If you get an adapter it should work.

But, that being said, it should also be noted that some people have had problems. I never put myself in a similar situation, so couldn't tell you personally. As to why they've had problems, can't say. My guess is more of a power output issue than an adapter issue. In anycase, theoritically it "should" work and if u just google, there are many many success stories. One guy supposedly just sawed off (literally) the last 4 pins (no adapter lol) and got it to work. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom