help me lower my price, please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Um. Okay. Thank you for that... input. I already have a turtlebeach lying around which I am quite happy with. However, mine is 16-bit, not 24-bit like the audigy. I will probably go down to the normal zs now, or maby a turtlebeach or m-audio.
I heard a lot of good feedback for the videocard. It is reletively inexpensive and has 16 pipelines and everything. There is a 5-star average rating for it. I guess I will spend my money on a saphire, though.
I heard from a magazine that I should get xp pro. Don't know why.
I'll get home.
I picked the case because it had great reviews and it looked good, along with the amount of fans (6). I will choose another case.

Thank you for all the feedback. I have improved things and still have a lower price than when I started this.

Definatly get a sound card. While onboard might not suck completely, it does strange things, like crackling (mine does that a TON in BF1942) and poping (mine does that whenever it hasn't been used in a while), and sometimes other things. Plus it takes up CPU time, granted not very much... but I don't think the audigy is needed unless you are an audio editor or have a $250+ surround sound setup. Get some 24bit card, they run around $30US on Newegg. And that was good advice about the video card manufacturer. To thrown in another vid card company, look at Albatron. I have a friend who absoloutly beat on his card (O/Cing, ect) and it came out well, he was very impressed with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom