Does anyone know about PINUP DIAGRAM...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tina

Beta member
I Have a COMPAQ PRESARIO 5000... and am trying to change out the case. If you can help it would be great!~ THANKYOU IN ADVANCE!!

I upgraded the power source to a 400W supply, upon doing so the system has failed to operate. Its as if the motherboard does not recognize the new supply. It will still work with the old supply, but the old supply will not fit into the case. I inquired via tech support and was informed that the power supply is not proprietary to the motherboard so any generic power source should work. Yet in this manner it is not the case. I am wondering what your thoughts are on this matter?

The new power supply is connected to the board correctly, is turned on, and is switched to the appropriate voltage setting.

Also, a pinup diagram for the motherboard (I was told it was a ?spider?) would be greatly appreciated. My efforts to locate the model/diagram have not turned anything up.

Which means I'm SOL? And that even though the only thing I changed was the power source it won't ever work? Or is their a work around?

Ah, yes... The trails and tribulations of owning a Major Brand PC. Upgrading nightmares and poor quality customer support. All the things you knowingly pay for... lol...

Sucks good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom