DVD burners

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, not LG, I won't do Sony or LiteOn this time due to what happened with my last LiteOn.

Pioneer, BenQ, Samsung I'm going to look further into. How about Toshiba?

I wish I could afford a Plextor this time :(

Thanks for all the info guys, keep em comin!

I read some reviews at newegg, seems LG are quite popular and no one has had any problems. I found a Pioneer I like, but it's over my price range. I'm not feelin the BenQ's.

So it's mainly a toss up between Samsung and LG for now.

Thats interesting, what you say about Lite-On. Because I have both a 16X52X32X52 DVD-CDRW Combo, and a 16X DVD+/- Combo working perfectly. Infact I have an 4 year old 24X Lite-On burner thatsstill running fine. But I guess their different for everyone. I like Samsung, I have a 52X burner in another comp and it works perfectly, and their good for the money. I hate Sony, never had any luck with them, and same goes for ASUS. I would say if you had the money go with Plextor, I have heard good things, but never owned one myself. I have never really wanted to pay twice the price for something I could get for half. :)

i would say

pioneer, plextor, BenQ

i have used all those drives with great results :)

if you want some research on drives try cdfreaks.com

ohGrFreak said:
Well, I'm gonna go for the Samsung, the reviews are great, it's supposed to be quiet, and my fiancee fell in love with the lighted eject button.
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=27-151-054&depa=1
Please tell me what you think of this burner.

i can't say i have worked with to many samsung drives before.

this one does have dual layer support and can write media at 16x which most people don't really need right now.

one problem would be the fact that it's oem, so if you have a problem and you might with the price at 50 bones you don't send back to newegg you send back to the mfg.

also no bitsetting for dvd backup.

i would go for the nec the right of the page for a dollar less. i've also heard good things about there drives.

sorry no pretty eject light on that one
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom