High Performance Gaming Company

Status
Not open for further replies.

young elite

Solid State Member
Hello, I would like to ask the gaming community members thier opinion of a high performance gaming PC manufacturer that is in the process of being produced. The questions would be typical but helpful, ex: what would you like a gaming PC to come with? It has nothing to do with advertising. I am asking if its okay to post this topic? Thank you for your time.

Hey apokalipse,
Thanks for your reply, but I think you misunderstood me.

Allow me to rephrase: a friend of mine and his team are preparing to produce a high performance gaming PC company such as Alienware PC's, Overdrive, Falcon, ABS Systems etc.
We are asking the gaming community thier opinions because we value the fellow gamer's opinions. I am asking the administrators, if it is okay to post about this topic, once again.. there will be no advertising involved, so I don't believe I am violating terms of service of this board. Once I get an answer, I will post the questions and info. Thank you.

use amd's not intel and offer many different graphics cards for different types of gaming. Cases are a big selling point too.

oh, I thought you meant manufacturers
one big thing about gamers: let people customise their systems. gamers are more often than not, very picky about their hardware

for gaming, use Athlon 64's. lots of gamers like them, and they are a good processor to use. you should also use some Intel's, not the 600 series or later, because Intel really screwed up on them. use the 500 series socket 775's

give them a choice of video cards between ATI and Nvidia, there are a lot of people that like ATI, and a lot that like Nvidia.
use the 6800's, X800's, 6600's, X700's, don't use X600's

motherboards:
use Abit, DFI and Gigabyte
DFI for really high performance
Abit for high performance at low cost
Gigabyte for those with less money and not into overclocking

RAM: give them a choice of G.Skill (high end) and OCZ (not quite as good, but less $$)

cases are a big selling point, you will probabbly want to have a big range of cases. Lian-Li, Thermaltake, Antec and Raidmax are good

CPU-
Athlon 64 and Athlon 64 FX
Intel 5xx series are good

RAM-

Corsair-
Value ram (people who want ram that works)
XMS (nice ram for a good price)

G. Skill-
LA and LE series - best overclocking ram
cheaper ones are very good as well

TwinMOS-
cheap ram that overclock great if you give it enough voltage

OCZ-
a variaty of choices here

ATI-
x800 series (regular, pro, XL especially, and XT/PE)
X850 series (regular, XT/PE)
X700 seires (value ATi, doubt any real gamer would want it, but it should be sellable)

nVidia-
6800 (LE, regular, GT, ultra)
6600 (regular and especially GT)
maybe the 6200 series? or not

give options for SLI and upcoming AMR

try to throw in freebies such as free HL2 download coupons, free popular games such as farcry or doom3 with the purchase of a comp, etc.; most places are usually priced the same, but the QUALITY (not cheap stuff) freebies are what usually attracts me

and as apokalipse said, if it's customizable, make it customizable

Thank you guys for the replies, keep them coming!!

The company Does intend to be very configurable from a variety of cpu's, video cards, etc.
The PC's will be reasonably priced, unlike the other manufacturers. I would like all of you guys to give me some feed back on the following:

1 - how about interior lighting kits with a on/off switch built into the 2nd floppy drive bay? (plexi-glass window cases)

2 - Custom colored Case/KB/Mouse... you request the color, we provide you with the system in that particular color?

- Our machines will come loaded with a variety of XP skins, bootscreens, and login screens.
- Our machines might come overclocked as well, and don't worry, we will still honor the warranty on parts, what do ya guys think?

All of the above is ideas of the team and we are looking for feedback on them as well as requests from our fellow PC Gamers. Looking forward for the replies!

put the switch on a 51/4 bay looks better most kits include this switch and used a drill and sandpaper to put my switch in

Lightning and colored KB/mouse is a very good idea, so is allowing customizing the case with cathode tubing, UV fans, etc.

you will need things that seperate you and make you unique from other companies (like you said, the boot screens, etc.)

the overclocking will be a hassle; although it's a good idea (the person that buys the comp from you can re-OC it, break it, and ask for new parts from you)

Thanks aspire.comptech,
what do you think of the XP Skins/boot screens/logins idea? and the custom color option? all of you guys opinions are very important to us :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom