AMD Dual Core Sneak peak info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because it's dual core doesn't mean it's double the clock speed. Like it's 2x2.4s, right? but because of latency and everything, it only preforms like 1.5x the clock speed of one of the processors. So the 2.4s preform like 3.6 gig AMDs...but once you factor in the HTT and everything...you multiply by 1.5 (i'm multiplying under the assumption that if you mulitiply AMD's clock speed by 1.5, that's about the equivlant intel), and you get that the dual core chip preforms like a *does math* 5.4 gighertz intel........*checks figures*....
that chip's underrated...it should be a 5400+...

aww....and i just got myself a newcastle 3000+ and that's the computer that's gunna last me the next 4 years.

Four years?

Man, you're gonna have to spread the butter pretty thin...

Nubius said:
What? It is the 4800+ that's what it's called, it's not 4.8GHz because it's not two 2.4GHz cores working like that so you can't technically consider it working at 4.8GHz at all....it's the equivelant to a 4.8GHz intel, so it'd be pointless to call it a 6000+ since it doesn't perform to a 6Ghz Intel.

As chris said basically, it's to help Intel users although all I've ever seen it do is confuse people. It's at 2GHz (if it's an XP and 1.8GHz if it's an XP-M, this being the 2400+ I'm talking about) but it can do the same if not better performance of that of a 2.4GHz Intel chip.......like I said they do that number so if you don't know of AMD chips, you'll be like "Oh it's kind of like a 2.4GHz intel even though it's 2GHz, I got it...cool!!!!!!"

Of course with a name like FX-55 lol and you just see it's 2.6GHz and costing $800+ I guess you'd think AMD is crap and overcharges when in reality that chip is awesome.

4800+ dual core..........that's just amazing

Intel will still try to market with their true clockspeeds making AMD's rating not mean much at all.

Yea...that's why AMD has tough marketing problems...the normal consumer is too dumb to know the difference

meh, that's fine with me, I'd rather say 'Yeah I'm got AMD, you're too noob to understand cause you're intel' than have a bunch of people who know nothing saying 'ehh I have a crappy FX-55 its only 2.6GHz'

AMD is really consumer based and listen to peoples demands, they don't need to market and make stupid commercials with the blue man group lol and spout out HT TECHNOLOGY!!! like that means anything to the people they are selling it to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom