Endless booting loop

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcoax

Baseband Member
Ive searched the forum before posting and saw some problems like this, but nothing that could help. Heres what happened.
I booted my computer, everything working fine. Then after the boot it said windows had some updates ready to install, so I install them, and decide not to boot right away. In the meanwhile, I download <wm recorder> to save stream videos. After installing that too, I decided to reboot. And here the problem starts. The first screen is <Compaq>, then it goes to load windows xp. I see the green line loading, and when it looks like it finished loading to display the desktop screen, it boots back to the original Compaq screen. This goes on forever! I tried booting with safe mode, it does the same thing. There is was an option like <boot like the last time it worked(normally)>, but it does the same thing, forever booting! I dont know what to do. It is the primary computer in my house with ALL the important files for school and my dads work, etc...Is there an option to get an earlier restoring point? I need to get it working!!
The computer is Compaq presario, AMD athlon 2600+, 512 ddr, and 120 gb.
Thanks in advance!

#1: Did you try custom boot screens at all? Causes infinite boots on prebuilts

#2: Try to get into safe mode by pressing f8 while booting, if it doesnt boot in safe mode, your screwed unless you do a repair, get your files off with another PC and reinstall than.

I have never tried custom boots screens. Im really desperate. Im willing to pay like 30-40 bucks paypal if someone knows how to make it work. Im reallly desperate!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom