Graphics card temperature

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I can see mine in the NVidia thing. i went to Display/Setting/Advanced/ and then on the next windows I click on GeForeceFX5600 (The name of my card) And then this thing showed right up showing the temp. I imagine your will be very similar, just replace GeForceFX5600 with ATIRadeon9800. Thats just an assumption.

On another note, my GPU is at 68 Degrees celsius. Think thats too hot? I have water cooling, but I dont have a GPU water block. Only the stock fan. I used to have one of those PCI fans that fit into the pci slot and put a fan under the card, but it burned out.

GPU's in highend cards run very hot. I have a X800XT PE, when I had the stock cooler on it it would run 55-60C under full load. I bought and installed a Artic-Cooling Silencer 4 and used AS5 on the GPU and 8 RAMS. It now runs at about 40-45C. I've actually OC'd this card from 520/560 to 560/600 and it will run about 50-55C.

To monitor these temps i use the ATI Catalyst Control Panel. There is a feature called Over Drive. It shows you the Core/Freq & Mem/Freq as well as the current Temps.

If you've got a highend card and you wanna OC, get a good cooler.
Artic-Cooling Silencers are great.

I'm not OC'ing, and my GPU is 68 at idle. Well, watching TV on it. So thats a little less than half load.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom