Thinkpad 755CD windows install

Status
Not open for further replies.
the cd-drive is really old, finding a driver could be hard, and if and when i do, do i just change it in the autoexec file?

desiboi said:
RAMDrive uses up a letter. Your C drive becomes D and your D becomes E, etc.

Normally yes, but the boot disk I've told him to create does not load a ramdrive so shouldn't be an issue.

While I think of it though, M@$t3r_N30, if case you are still using a floppy that loads ramdrive, change the mscdex line to /L:E

Depends on the driver. Some will install themselves from DOS & make the changes for you, others may need you to edit that file. Worry about that when we get to it

no, its IBM's messed up BIOS for their old laptops thats the problem,been here before, and had problems too

the cdrom driver your using if I remember right WILL work, BUT, it wont allow hotswapping the floppy drive in its place

also, having tried IBM's tech support line one day for about 8hrs I got nowhere so they are useless, and they require the thing gets shipped to an "IBM shop" to deal with something simple as this

basically waht you need to do is just substitute the IBM cdrom driver for the windows/DOS one, they are named the same I believe

alright, i have tried a few cds, pretty sure it is the driver, or the drive itself. either one is very possible

i found the driver i think i need. it is for DOS for the model 760EL and others, thats what it said. i have a 755 but i am gonna try it anyway, cuz i cant find anything else.

edit: will i have to change anything in config or autoexec?

thats the same driver i found on driverguide, i will follow those directions tho, since i was probably gonna mess it up the way i was going

If you want to try the driver who just got, first, look for an .exe file in the files that you have downloaded (don't know if they are zipped & need exacting first). If there is one, copy all files to the boot disk, boot system, then run the exe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom