AMD Processor vs Intel Processor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Redpill said:
This is the way it works:

Pentium's run cooler, but slow down when they get hot (hot for Intel is 40 degrees)

AMD's run hotter, but run 100% throttle all the time (hence why they burn out on people running crappy cooling) - They have a temperature threashold of "quoted -- 95 degrees" but would probably burn out at about 75+ depending on how long it's running that way for.
well, that was true in the time of the Northwoods vs Athlon XP,s, but now the tide has turned
Athlon 64's are running cooler, while prescotts are going through the roof

Redpill said:
Celeron's are crap, they're Intel's budget CPU's and shouldnt be used by anybody except schools or librarys trying to save a buck.
I would have to say that Celerons are not "crap"
they may not perform as well as a Pentium 4 of the same frequency, but that's only because of less cache. the difference is actually not very much either
tech-forums is actually run on a 2.6GHZ Celeron, yet is very fast

not trying to attack you personally....

Re: Re: Re: amd

pc_boy said:
and what evidence do you have so that you can persuade us all that you are right??? :p :p :p :p

why dont you actually LOOK at the benchmarks for the pentium mobile... It is a viable CPU now that ASUS has the 478 to 479 adapter. God damn doesn't anyone around here read anymore?

http://www.gamepc.com/labs/view_content.asp?id=770ct479&page=1&cookie_test=1

He wont look at it anyway so why am I posting the link, I guess I can hope :(

pc_boy said:

3. Don't talk unless you owned an AMD and an INTEL and saw the difference. You probably never had an AMD before, so all your statements are opinions with no backup.

have you ever owned an intel?

Even though the question was not directed at me, i have used AMD and Intel however the best Intel i have ever owned is a P3-450. I have used P4's at school (p4 3.0ghz with HT, 512mb Ram) and they are ok, but cant seem to handle programs as well as my computer at home which is a AMD. It could be because of the schools network setup, my faster HDD, or other reasons. Mabye many people give intel such a bad rap because they have:

a. Never owned one
b. Never used one in a standalone environment

The only Intels they have probly used is the severly cut back ones they have in Schools and Offices.

Hey, how about the Athlon 64 FX-55 939 vs. P4 3.4HT
this proves AMD is more advanced

...ok, now you can yell at me all you want and argue that what i just said is not true, but i don't really care... :p

pc_boy said:
Hey, how about the Athlon 64 FX-55 939 vs. P4 3.4HT
this proves AMD is more advanced

...ok, now you can yell at me all you want and argue that what i just said is not true, but i don't really care... :p

I think a better comparison would probably be the AMD 64 3400+ and the P4 3.4GHz.

I know some people aren't, but come on guys, no need to flame each other

this thread has reminded me of a book called "who moved my cheese"
now the title may be funny, but it has a good point
people do not like change. they like to hold on to their beliefs and their atmosphere, because they fear that if they change, they will be wrong.
usually, if one person likes Intel, they will always like Intel. or if one person likes AMD, they will always like AMD

let's just remember: change is not always bad, it is often good
evolution is a classic example: if a certain animal did not evolve, it would not be able to survive the changes in the world

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom