MAC vs PC - What do you Prefer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
mikesgroovin said:
Virus Post:

Thats because programmers are lazy and dont want to develop viruses for OSx. Trust me, I am a developer and I am as lazy as they come! Look at the contrast of users dude.....would it be worth it to programmers? Hells nah!

-Michael
why don't you try to create a virus for the Mac OSX then

Never owned a Mac so I couldn't honestly say but I've heard that they're super reliable.:cool:

Well, I have owned both PC and Mac and in the 8 years or so that I have had my PC's online, I have never had ANY virus problems cause I takes care o' my babies!!! Win98 IS out of date soooo.....upgrade before you claim that mac is better.
I love my XP and my Me.....What's more is I am a musician and have consequently been barraged by other musicians who insist that Mac is the way to go.....but why mess with a good thing? My PC with XP (a 3200+ AMD and 1.5 g's of RAM) can run up to eight music software programs at once without crashes or slowdowns due to processing, and can play sounds out of nearly all of them at once (why anyone would need anything stronger than that is beyond me)
But I am also a photographer.....and I'm sorry but any PC(well equiped) can handle multiple graphics apps at once as well.....so why go with a MAC when you simply have less options when it comes to compatibility and software???? That just doesn't make sense......

Point being....you can't really claim that one is better than the other untill you've loaded one of each up to the brim with power.....
then tell me that there's something one can't do that the other can........

agrees with virgin techie, also i think that it does come down to opinion. what you like is what you like.

sometimes people don't defend something because they like it, they defend it for something else (like if they DON'T like the other option)
I like the Windows machines but i think Mac's are a lot less hassle (especially the OS X with no viruses)

wow, this thread got out of hand...

And I'm gonna say something about the whole 3000x software thing...
HOW MUCH OF THAT SOFTWARE DO YOU OWN, OR EVEN USE???

Yeah, it's reeeeaaaaally special to say you have so much software available to you, but it's not special when you only have five or six of those titles in your possesion.

and now i'm gonna say something to MusicMakesDaMan, something you said made me laugh... oh yeah, it was when you said that "...any PC(well equipped) can handle multiple graphics apps at once..." Well, if 'any' PC can handle it, why would it have to be well equipped?

And that's one of the points mac users are trying to make. Macs ARE well equipped, you don't HAVE to modify them to make them work well. I mean, my only experience with PC's (and mind this is a daily experience i'm forced to live) is if they don't have a certain OS, or a certain CPU speed, or a certain amount of useable RAM, they aren't worth a toot!

And yes, this is all a personal choice, and people choose the computer that is right for them, and i'm sure this Mac vs Pc debate will be around as long as there is another OS other than the Mac OS.

mac_mogul said:
wow, this thread got out of hand...

And I'm gonna say something about the whole 3000x software thing...
HOW MUCH OF THAT SOFTWARE DO YOU OWN, OR EVEN USE???

Yeah, it's reeeeaaaaally special to say you have so much software available to you, but it's not special when you only have five or six of those titles in your possesion.

so youre saying you can have a bunch of software for your mac with less software available, but i can only have 5 or 6 pieces of software for my pc even though there is more software available? that makes absolutely no sense, all that im saying about the fact that the PC has more software than the Mac is that the PC is more diverse, what can you do with a Mac? video and photo editing, thats about it pcs have more software and are therefore more useable, they have more flexibility

and i have close to 400 software titles on my computer (if you count games, and i do) so dont say that you will only use 5 or 6, i have tons, and yes, some, i dont use that often, but others i use every day (ad-aware, norton system works, end it all, etc)

apokalipse said:
sometimes people don't defend something because they like it, they defend it for something else (like if they DON'T like the other option)
I like the Windows machines but i think Mac's are a lot less hassle (especially the OS X with no viruses)

dont say there are no viruses for the macs as there are, such as auto-start and sevendust

case and point here ->mac viruses

all i gotta say is that if the mac is so much better why dont they outsell the pc? why dont more people use them? why are there waaay more pcs installed than macs?

dont try and say "macs outsell pcs" and list a source, because we all know its bunk, maybe for 1 day sometime when there is a lunar eclipse, solar flares and all the planets are aligned, for 1 hour the mac might outsell the pc, but as of now, it has never happened and probably will never happen, and IN FACT apple was so broke in the early 90s microsoft had to bail them out and pay steve jobs (or mike jobs, cant remember) to come back and save the failing company
apokalipse said:
maybe so, but at least the Mac's software doesn't make your computer crash (well it would to a Windows machine)

so youre saying that its the hardware that makes it crash? bwahahahahah go back to school retard

apokalipse said:
actually the OS X will not let you even look at the core files of the OS, so nobody can develop viruses for it

youre saying no one can develop viruses for osx? hahahahaha since osx works off of a unix shell all you have to do is get the core files on a unix box and you can find flaws, the reason most people dont make viruses for macs is because wait for it... no one has macs, thats like a video game releasing new games for the super nintendo, no one uses em so you wont have any real affect, its a question of #s

Lostman said:
PC with Linux.

right on man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom