PCI. *already confused*

Status
Not open for further replies.

ice_snuff

Baseband Member
well ok im gettin a laptop and it only has a 64 mb grfx card ... but it has a PCI & PCI 2 slot.
does this mean i can put a grfx card into the slot and upgrade the grafix ?

:( help please...

As I can from your post, you seem to want to put in a graphics card. I assume that your motherboard has its PCI slots labeled as 1 and 2. Yea, if you can even find room to put your graphics card in, I would say go for it. I have never opened up my laptop, so I dont know too much what how cramped it is on the inside.

Try that.

First check what type of card it is, it may be an AGP sloted card, which won't work on that board. Just check to make sure its pci. Also how old is that board? Most boards have AGP slots or PCI-express now a days

What kind of card is it? Are you sure its PCI, I doubt it is PCI-E, but it might be AGP. What is the name of the card.

You can't upgrade or change the video card on a laptop, unless there's been some new development that I've completely missed. Video cards are normally integrated/non-removable on laptop motherboards.

I wouldn't waste the money putting in a PCI card, they're pretty slow. Like Samm said, most laptops aren't upgradeable anyway.

There are things you can do to put in a graphics card, my brothers friend did. It was not however PCI, but AGP. Put in an AGP GPU. Yea I dont know why you would wanna put in a PCI graphics card, waste of time and money. But if thats what you have laying around and dont want to spend money, go for it. It would be good for counterstrike:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom