DVD burners

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohGrFreak

ID.10T
Here's my scenario: I first had a optorite DVD-R combo drive, and it was total garbage. I then get a LiteOn DVD-R/DL combo drive for christmas (most members here suggested LiteOn to me) and it worked flawlessly but died all of a sudden, I have no reciept, and I don't want to go through tons of red tape to get it replaced. Now, I had to steal my fiancee's NEC DVD-R combo drive to get me computer up and working.

What I need now, is a cheap, but good DVD-r/rw/CD-r/rw/DL combo drive around 50-60 bucks so I can put the NEC (which is also junk) back onto my fiancee's machine.

I really like this: http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=27-151-066&depa=1

I know the name samsung, and I know they make reliable products, but I have never had a computer product by them. What do you suggest? It should be IDE internal.

Thanks in advance!
ohGrFreak

last week i bought the BenQ 16X Dual Layer DVDRW drive... tis really good, $65 canadian dollars = about 53 canadian....

My close friend recommends the LG over everything else we carry at our store, currently. It's supposed to be one of the best mid-range models for media compatibility, etc., and Newegg sells them in black, as well. As for Samsung, I only know they're a reputable company.

Doesn't Lite-On do a lot of manufacturing for Sony? I know the Sony DVD-ROM I bought was manufactured by Lite-On. I'm not sure about their DVD-RW drives, though.

I've been told that Pioneer manufactures the very best DVD-RW drives, but they haven't received perfect reviews on Newegg. Around here, Pioneers can cost $20-$30 more than the mid-range drives-- but not so on Newegg, so I don't know.

Jonathan Bones said:
My close friend recommends the LG over everything else we carry at our store, currently. It's supposed to be one of the best mid-range models for media compatibility, etc.

Just about every computer store where i live will not even stock LG,The place where i get my stuff quit selling them,They said just about every single one they sold were returned as defective in some way.

i highly suggest a BenQ 1620

i've seen them at dell selling for 48 bucks with free shipping :)

the best thing about a BenQ is there bit setting so that when you burn dvdr plus media it will be set up as a dvd-rom which will makes it playable in just about any dvd player including ps2.

Shumway said:
Just about every computer store where i live will not even stock LG,The place where i get my stuff quit selling them,They said just about every single one they sold were returned as defective in some way.

i also know alot of people who refuse to by that brand:confused:

Ankush09 said:
which store? in toronto...

Computer Warehouse Outlet, on Kennedy. You're wondering if we're the guys you bought from? ;P I do remember selling a BenQ to a fellow on Sunday, but we were selling them for $69.99, not $65.

Shumway said:

*shrug* I don't know anything about that. They're having problems with LG products across the board, or just the GSA-4163 burner in specific? All I know is that my friend loves his. We sold about ten over the weekend, and I haven't heard of any returns/complaints.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom