Stupid question on fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

duncan

In Runtime
ok - probably the most dumb question yet - but b4 I buy a fan - do they go a particular way round e.g. some blowing air into case over components and some blowing out to give a flow or not, or can u choose and turn them around to suit.

Forgive me...

Don't worry we don't all know everything.

But depending on which way the fan is will depend if the fan blows hotair out, or sucks it in.

ok - so what would you advise on this - or is it up to me to decide what the components need etc.

All fans are pretty much the same. You can choose between intake and exhause simply by reversing it's position.

-Dan The Man

it is wise though to have a good airflow around ur system. But that depends on how many fan u have. It is standard to do this:

front: intake
side:intake
rear:exhaust
top:exhaust
pus: exhaust

but that is changable. u just gotta remember that heat rises so how intake near the bottom and exhaust near the top.

I have 4 fans on my case (2x 80mm at the back, 1x80mm side and 1x120mm at front) and a PCI exhaust fan, will that provide enough cooling? Or should I turn around one of the fans?

given what aj2003 said earlier about heat rising - are PCI exhaust fans really doing much other than blowing out cold air, 'cos I have 1 and it only ever comes out cold, as I suppose it would 'cos PCI slots r on bottom. ??

those of you who have lots of fans, do you keep stacking molex's together, 'cos i only have 1 chassis fan 3 pin connector on mobo - and anything else would have to go on same supply as HDD - don't want to draw too much current - or is this no where near the rating.... what do u do?

I have a set of dual cold cathode lights 3 fans and two hard drives running off of one molex connector splitting is fun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom