Computer keeps restarting by itself

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am bringing the system into the store today to match it up as best as I can (and as cheaply) with a new mobo. Either I will try to get a P3 mobo and keep the cpu (which hopefully works) or get an AMD mobo with cpu but then I have to buy new memory as well.

u should be able to use the same memory as long as you get a board that supports pc 133 or pc100, whatever youre running

Try to do:

Open Control Panel
-->System
-->Advanced
-->Setting (Startup and Recovery)
-->Automatically restart (System failure)

Your OS will not restart itself;)

I would try all of that if I could boot the machine. As it stands, I have a vegetable on my hands. It will not boot, not even to the bios. It does not get to the point of checking the devices or memory so my next logical step is a mobo but since I can no longer get a P3 mobo, I may probably have to get both that and the cpu.

As I see it there's only one thing left to do if you have unplugged every expansion card, resetted the bios, read the mobo manual with a magnifying glass making sure that everything is set up correctly.

Test each and every part seperatly on a working system, one or more parts is broken.

So, it is my understanding that winxp will restart itself if it encounters some hardware problems. If this is the case, I have a hw issue that has been getting steadily worse over the last few weeks to the point where I cannot boot up the pc at all now. Perhaps all this powering off and on has only served to aggravate the symptom.

Well I installed a noew motherboard and cpu and all is well. I have no problems installing windows and no restarting problems.

Thanks you all for your help.

I dont think it is the OS. I have the same problem of constant rebooting and I have win98 installed on my AMD.

i made a post about this elsewhere, but i blew out my BIOS while attempting to update it when my computer restarted. recently im hearing about MANY of these kinds of cases where the mobo/bios breaks down... wtf is up with computers these days?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom