5vsb

Status
Not open for further replies.

duncan

In Runtime
Hi,

Anyone explain whether I need to set the jumper for 5VSB on mobo or not - it is set as the mobo came packaged, but it doesn't sound like I need it.Can someone explain a bit about SB mode. Thanks.

Depends on the motherboard, dude. Read the manual. There's a lot that could be going on.

Basically, if you don't understand the setting, and the machine is working good, don't mess with it. If you're experiencing problems, let us know about them.

It all depends on the SB, how the motherboard handles it, what the specs are of the components attached to it or running on it, etc etc. Write an email to the mobo manufs. and see what they say. They'll know best.

the mobo manual is crap and sais nothing about other than which jumper settings result in which choice - for anyone else reading this post i hae discovered elsewhere that 5vsb is about being able to wake up your system from suspend to RAM mode where some element of the system memory is retained for quicker restart i presume http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/content/topic/3721
so hope this helps, me i dont want to use this and so will set to just normal 5volt setting.

Cheers

Only other thing I can suggest is what I suggested earlier. Email the mobo manuf.'s and ask them what to do. If their manual is lousy, that's all you got.

I had similar problems with my current MSI board. Not a jumper problem, but a problem with the manual being too vague. I Emailed them, and got the problem sorted out quickly.

ok cheers - the cdrom that came with the mobo is worth the price for amusement factor alone - it's asrock with some chinese bird explaining tha component layout - hhmmmm - not reading off a script or anything - quite funny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom