Problem posting site created by MS Publisher

Status
Not open for further replies.

wcohan

Beta member
I designed a four page website using MS Publisher, but when I try to view it after uploading, it never looks right. Here are some details, perhaps you can help me: I created the site and named it index.pub. Then saved it as a web page and then had index.html with a new sub folder called index_files that contained all the image files, filelist.xml, page001.html-page004.html and pubmaster001.html. I then uploaded all the files to my space on yahoo. I then entered my URL - http://www.geocities.com/bily12c/
and found a homepage that looked all screwed up and had faulty links. What did I do wrong? Any advice is truly appreciated. My email is wcohan@aol.com. Feel free to enter my URL and view the source code. Thanks!
William Cohan

holy crap, your source code is extremely bloated 178K. this is why i never tried to learn publisher. when i try to edit your page, i searched the image filenames and i can't even figure out where to start. to make a site that simple i think you should use frontpage instead; less overhead and easier to maintain a site.

Yes, I agree. Although there are so many more HTML publishing programs out there to take advantage of to get rid of the overhead....If you want to stick with MS products then create with FrontPage instead of Publisher. Publisher is essentially FrontPage on high-quality Baltimore crack.

-Michael

I've created 1 website with Powerpoint but i had no idea you could create a site with Publisher, try and load everything you have to PPT and see what happens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom