Does DELL have a clue? Check this out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
meh, dell's idea of a media center PC is a media case, low-end crap hardware, slapped together with windows media center '05

we TF-ers should really come up with a plan to destroy dell :) (it could happen, like XS destroys world records all the time)

Pentium® 4 Processor 630 with HT Technology (3GHz, 800 FSB)
Microsoft® Windows® XP Media Center 2005 Edition
128MB PCI Express™ x16 (DVI/VGA/TV-out) ATI Radeon™ X300SE
512MB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 400MHz (2x256M)
FREE UPGRADE! 160GB3 Serial ATA Hard Drive(7200RPM)w/ Native Command Queuing
FREE UPGRADE! New 17 in E173FP Analog Flat Panel
Single Drive: 16X DVD-ROM Drive
In a stupid Dell MicroATX Midtower (BLAHHHHH)

Pentium 4 + HT sounds better than any amd to most people
media center '05 makes it a whole lot better? not really, it's basically windows revolving around windows media player, which is a pos
pci express x16 just sounds cool
DDR2 (dell claming as "new technology," which IS true) ram @ dual channel sounds cool again
instead of just saying NCQ (seagate's sata technology), they just had to spell it out so it sounds better
flat panel t3h rox0rs, expecially dell
basically that's it, a pos not even worth close to a grand selling for $1700+

If we could raise the money, construct a hugh building or two, and start a assembly line we could probably compete with dell and have better hardware for the same or close to the same price.

Chankama said:
lol. Can't remember man. Shouldn't bookmarked it. I was actually looking for a pic of Vegeta powering up. Couldn't find it :(

And Havoc, by that logic AMD should have never gone after 64 bit processors. Where was the OS and application support? Good thing they did though. Otherwise, we wouldn't be at where we are at. If dual-cores are marketed better, that will push the gaming industry more as well.

Except that going 64bit did not cause a price gouge.

I think they could easily improve HL2 for 2 CPU's :)

I think exactly how it goes, is a potential noob buyer thinks to themselves, "OMFG! 2 PROCESSORS! IT MUST BE LIKE, 398x FASTER THAN NORMAL!!!!"

DJ-CHRIS said:
Except that going 64bit did not cause a price gouge.

I think they could easily improve HL2 for 2 CPU's :)

Which is a testament to AMD man!.. And as for HL2, that would be sweet. Taking advantage of 2 processors. Who knows, 20 years down the road we might all have 10 processors in our box. lol

Chankama said:
Which is a testament to AMD man!.. And as for HL2, that would be sweet. Taking advantage of 2 processors. Who knows, 20 years down the road we might all have 10 processors in our box. lol

You kinda want it to support dual cores when you drop at 2 FPS CPU intensive on a 2.5 GHZ 3400+

Of corse, this was garry's mod, not normal HL2. You cant have that many things going at the same time in HL2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom