DFI NF4 Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcr888

Solid State Member
Yesterday, I received my components for my new computer from newegg. On the box for the lanparty mobo, it says that it is for AMD 64 939 socket cpus up to 3700+. I bought a 3800+. Is this mobo not going to work with the 3800+? Also, I bought a x800xt. Is it going to work with the lanparty mobo? I am pretty much a noob. The card is AGP and the mobo is PCI-E. Does this mean they can not work together?

Thanks for the info. Yeah, I did ask if all the items I was going to buy were compatible on here last week. And although people suggested different products, no one said that something I suggested wasn't compatible. At this point, I realize I am going to have to return something, but now I need to decide what. Should I return the mobo because the card is not compatible and the cpu might not be either or should I return the card and get a PCI-E card if I find out the cpu will work with the lanparty? I also have to take into account the 15% restockign charge at newegg. The mobo cost $215 and the card cost $500. So if I was to just return the mobo, what is the best one you would suggest that would work with the x800xt? Thanks.

hmm a hard decision... Honestly dont think there are any Nforce 4 mobos with AGP at the moment, so your best bet is gonna be a Nforce3, would check out the MSI Neo2 platinum, if you return the mobo.

If you return the card and the CPU works, just get a 6800 Gt will be plenty plenty fast. Dunno but i think it might actually be a little quicker than the x800xt (ill search for sum benchmarks) Unless you wanna stick with ATI then by all means do so.

hmm heres the link for the MSI mobo:
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=13-130-468&depa=1

Edit well looked at sum benchmarks and the x800xt is about 10-20fps faster in most benchmarks cept for doom 3.

You are right it is a hard decision. First, I need to find out if the 3800+ will work with the mobo.

The 3800+ will work with a bios flash for sure, I thought all the NF4 DFI's said they supported up to 4200+ or FX-55

But since it says "supports up to 3700+" and 3700+ is alot older than any DFI nforce4 mobo, and SKT 754, im not sure if your board is SKT 939

DJ-CHRIS said:
But since it says "supports up to 3700+" and 3700+ is alot older than any DFI nforce4 mobo, and SKT 754, im not sure if your board is SKT 939

I hope it is socket 939. I just purchased it from newegg this weekend, so let's hope they sent me the right one. I will check when I get home. Thanks for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom