installing windos 98 se on xp partion

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlr

In Runtime
hi all hope someone can help with this,i curently have windows xp pro setup on my c drive,ive partioned this drive so i now have a d drive and would like to install windows 98se to this what would be the easiest way to acheive this if it is at all possible thanks in advance mlr

First of all to dual boot XP and 98 you MUST reformat, partition (2 partition (1 for 98 and 1 for XP)) and install Windows 98 FIRST. Then reboot and install XP. Be sure when you install XP that when the setup propts you that you choose the empty partition so that you do not mess up the 98 install. Once this is completed successfully you will notice that when you boot your system you will have at least two choices.....XP or Windows 98..... simply choose the OS you want to boot into and voila!! :)

thanks very much for your quick reply i will give this a go in the morning

I have personally found that Partition Magic along with Boot Magic does a good job when multi booting and partitioning. Plus you can adjust the size of your partitions without reformatting. Just make sure you get the latest version so it's compatible with XP.

-GrayWolf

cool i have norton partion magic will that do the job id realy like to do it without reformating if possible

You dont need to remormat. If you have 98 installed on the second partition, just edit boot.ini so you can get the choice at the beggining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom