Got some extra money burning a hole in my pocket..

Status
Not open for further replies.

TipsySmile

In Runtime
Well got my bonus check yesterday, got about 220 extra dollars to spend after bills are payed, so my question is, would it be worth buying a amd 64 3200+ now or wait a couple, weeks get some extra cash and get the 3500+? Or yes another choice get a 6800Gt?

hmm choices choices please help. :confused: :(

Dang.. It's nice to have some extra money. But, if I were u, I'd put it in the bank for a little while longer. It'll be a waste of $$ to upgrade the processor.

And unless u are thinking of using the eVga step-up program, the 6800GT would probably be pointless also since u already have a 6600 GT. If u bought ur card within the last 3 months, just do a search on the subject on this forum, and u'll find details.

Otherwise, I'd make a computer upgrade fund and check out the market again in 6 months for good deals :)

lol im a whore when it comes to money i cant even hold on to a dollar bill longer than 3 hours before i spend it on sum candy or sumthing. :)

And yeah the stepup program is what i was thinking about doing, since i just built this computer no longer than a month ago. One of the main reasons i bought the eVGA version.

In that case, I would upgrade to the 6800 GT man. If you are a gamer, you'll probably see a much higher increase than upgrading the processor (not even upgrading but replacing).

Even with a FX-55, if you are using a 6600 GT, I would presume that it would be difficult to reach anywhere close to 4000 on 3Dmark05. Where as, with a 6800 GT you could easily top this (on a 3000+).

EDIT: If you are not a gamer, you should tell us since there are many other components that might affect the particular application more - if it is not gaming (CPU, HDD, etc.). But, much like most people here, I am gonna assume that u are a gamer. :).. And since u mentioned a couple of vid cards in ur initial post, I am almost sure u are a gamer :)

I agree, if you have to spend it on something, go with the 6800GT. Upgrading to the 3200+ or even 3500+ will show basically no increase in gaming, and the rest of your system is very nice. Go with the 6800GT :)

Chankama: damn straight im a gamer :) wouldnt of built the PC in the first place if i wasnt.

Yeah imma more than likely check out the 6800 Gt, if not thro the stepup program (just remebered i dont have the box for my 6600gt) then ill have a 6600 gt up for grabs sometime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom