Message Popup .bat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

star_topology

In Runtime
To the parties that have been assisting me with Group Policy over the past month, including Inaris: Thank you!

I finally have hold over Group Policy and I'm beginning to implement/test it in a working environment. However, I have one last question that might have something to do with creating batch files, of which I know little.

Group Policy has "Interactive Logon" that I can set locally to do this sort of thing, but my University-- upon logging into the computer system, runs a series of message popups (presumably through .bat files) that remind you that you are subject to being monitored, that your printer is installed, etc.

Just wondering, how can I do something like that?

ive setup vbs files that accomplish the same thing. inside a .bat I first copy over a timesheet created in excel. then it calls timesheet.vbs with this command 'start timesheet.vbs'. this shows a popup box stating a new timesheet has been created. The title header is set as notification.

timesheet.vbs

msgbox "A new timesheet has been created.", 0, "Notification"

Sounds like something I could use.

However, considering I'm not a programmer, I have no clue what to do with anything involving Visual Basic. :p

Can you dumb it down a bit, perhaps only by using a .bat file?

copy the msgbox line and enter it into notepad, save it as filename.vbs. Typically, windows installations have WSH (win shell host?) running which is used to run the script.

you could use the echo command to output a message and then follow it with a @pause command. this will display a message and then wait for the user to press a key.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom