Major Internet Problem _search Engines Not Working_

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnico88

In Runtime
So I start up my computer and go to check my email at google.gmail.com and it gives me a message: soon..
then I say forget it and try a search on the search bar and I get the same thing. Then I try going to www.google.com, www.yahoo.com and www.msn.com and I get the same message: soon.. Everything else works perfectly fine but those search engines site don't work. I IM my friends online and some live in my area (Seattle) some live accross country and it works for them, why doesn't this work for me? Is this a virus? I tried disabling my firewall, restarting the computer and so on...

I actually went and tried it on my laptop and it does the same thing so I know is not a computer virus!

Youve been browser hijacked. Find a good spyware removal program and run it on your system. The problem is is that browser hijacks are very difficult to get rid of. Many of my clients come in with the same type of problem and a system reformat is commonly required (around 40% of my clients). The reason for this is that Microsoft uses Internet Explorer as part of the OS and therefore you cannot just uninstall and reinstall it. For this I hate M$ ..... In some cases though you can manually remove the hijack if you know the name of the one infecting your system ( you can normally find this out using your ad ware software) you can simply go to google and do a search for "manual <hijack name> removal". This will give you many websites that will give you step by step instructions on how to manually remove this vermin from your system.

Even if you do the above you may still not have use of the browser in many respects, If this is the case your best (least time consuming and frusterating) choice woulfd be to reformat.

Trust me .... I service 10 -20 clients a week and this is a very common problem but there is no simple solution.

Hope this helps.

ya, I was thinking about a reformat. Using Hijack this I got rid of it but something tells me there is still something going on so format would be my best choice. Takes about a short day anyway to get back my system but trying to remove this thing wil take days. Thanks for the reply, it's very well appreciated.
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom