Laptop Advice and Information!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

skatepunk834

Solid State Member
Does anybody have experience with Emachines notebooks? I'm new to the notebook field and this is going to be my first one. It is a M2350 with an athlon xp 2800+, 512DDR2700, ATI Mobility RADEON IGP 320M Video, and a 60 gig hd on it with Windows Home SP2. It also has the dvd/cdrw combo drive. Basically what I'm using it for is everyday wireless web surfing. I am going to be bringing it to school every day too. I plan on keeping mp3's, documents, etc on it. I want to be able to play games on it too (such as counter strike, redalert2, the sims, rct3, etc. but nothing too demanding like doom3 or half life2) I want to keep it powered on alot while I'm away because I want to run an ftp server and keep my screen name on all the time. I really want it to be sort of smooth and not too laggy or slow, but I have an under $850 budget right now. I have a buddy who has an emachines, and he loves it. Will this meet my needs and stuff or should I just say forget it? I thought it to be a really good value and pretty fast.

the onboard graphics looks a little weak to me to support any gaming

it would work, but will probably be laggy as hell

or if anybody knows a good website to buy cheap, refurbished laptops at a great price under $900 we'll say. i just checked out tigerdirect.com on their refurbs, stuff seemed pretty decent considering its my first notebook and i don't need exceptional power

gateway's notebooks can have a 10hr life per charge
some models even have Nvidia 6600 to support games(slow for deamanding games though)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom