Please Help part 2!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtslegacy

Baseband Member
Ok. I have checked everything I can. The computer goes into a power save mode. Here is what happens. the computer clicks as if it is restarting, then the monitor goes black and the test box shows up. after this a little box that says "power save" shows in the middle of the black screen. then the screen goes black and the monitor's green power light goes amber. THE COMPUTER IT'S SELF DOES NOT SHUT OFF DURING THE WHOLE PROCESS. I still have power led on the mobo and all fans continue to run. only the hdd activity light is completely dead. There is nothing I can do after that to get the computer to wake than to cut power of then on. Even then it repeats the trouble after post or after Windows XP logs back on. I end up having to leave the computer off for at least an hour then It will stay up for 1-3 hour then repeat the trouble. I have done everything from BIOS resets, video card removal and use of onboard graphics to dumping the hdd and reloading the whole system. asus p5gd1-vm lga-775, asus en5900 graphics card, 3.6 pentium, sound blaster audigy2 zs, Sony dvd/rw and cd/rw drives, sony 1.44 floppy, Western Digital 7200 rpm 200 gig, ultra 500 watt atx psu x connect, nec 17 inch fe771sb multi sync monitor. Thank you all for any help and advice.

asus p5gd1-vm lga-775, asus en5900 graphics card, 3.6 pentium, sound blaster audigy2 zs, Sony dvd/rw and cd/rw drives, sony 1.44 floppy, Western Digital 7200 rpm 200 gig, ultra 500 watt atx psu x connect, nec 17 inch fe771sb multi sync monitor.

I have not tried a new psu or video card. I did try running without the video card using the onboard graphics and it still did the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom