Help with Dial-Up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I setup alex4r as a user, but I tried it as root anyways and I've got the same problem. Back to google with my error!

Thanks horndude for helping, you rock!

hey, while your looking, find out what version of the ppp package ubuntu uses, then track down itts source code and have a look at its docs, there may be a copy on your system in /usr/doc as well, not sure how detailed it will be

I think the pppd daemon is taking over the connection like its supposed to but then terminating cause its not happy about something, from what ive found searching other forums this issue has been happening to quite a few ubuntu users.It may very well be DNS related, im still looking for answers and running out of places to look LOL

Okay, here is the latest. I reinstalled Ubuntu, because for some odd reason it helps sometimes. Now I made my connection the same as before (except I am using CHAP authentication, because thats what PeoplePC requires). I also added 'CONNECT' before '/d/c' so now CHAT reads 'CONNECT /d/c' and this seemed to fix the timeout problem. It seems like it has connected, but now I get this error:

alarm
Failed.

im still clueless, never had this many problems with dialup before, although Ive had my share of issues with it

temporarily, you may want to use somekind of generic dialer with a log, like wvdial for example so you can see whats happening, Id do this as a last resort, with something like ubuntu this will be an additional headache

also check the syslog and maybe even dmesg, there may be log activity of whats going on here too, you may be able to run your current dialer in console mode as well and maybe see some debugging info on it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom