Which Motherboard to get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should still consider for future upgrades, so maybe a 500watt PSU with 18amps on the 12V rail, and you will realy want a floppy drive incase you ever have to flash your bios or to run other programs that require a floppy drive.

if ur gonna go as far as to get a 500 watt PSU, u should prolly get at least 20a on the +12V rail.

You should still consider for future upgrades, so maybe a 500watt PSU with 18amps on the 12V rail, and you will realy want a floppy drive incase you ever have to flash your bios or to run other programs that require a floppy drive.
You won't have many future options with any power supplies considering the upcoming BTX form factor.

This thread has gotten way to confusing for this poor guy. It's his first build and you guys are taking about 12V rails. LOL

When you're a newb, you need newb terms. I was a newb once, just like everyone of you.

PSU's that come with cases are always, cheap/low quality.
The MOBO that I recommended earlier has Onboard (video, audio and lan) somthing you said you are looking for. You can always buy & upgrade to a videocard later.

400W Power supply is more than enough for your needs. Don't worry about future upgrades with that system. Building one like that will limit your need for more POWER.

Floppy Drives aren't used very much at all, that is true. They are used a lot in troubleshooting and emergency situations. They are so cheap it's not even funny. $8.00 It's better to have one and never use it, then need one in a pinch and not have one. Think about it.

PM me if you need any more adive, i'm glad to help you.

Your all still thinking too high. Expensive stuff isn't needed:

(yes im an Intel fan, so thats what I'll suggest)

P4 2.0GHz 478
Moderate abit or asus mobo
512mb of any ram
fx series gpu (5500 or 5700)
a case that comes with a psu
and an 80gb hdd

total should be ~$340 USD

thats my 2 cents.

If you get an nforce4 motherboard, which supports pci-express, you will probably end up having to spend 90 bucks on a 24-pin psu. While this is not a bad thing and allows for future upgradeability, you probably do not want to spend so much on something that is not very important in your case. Also, most pci-express motherboards do not have onboard video, forcing you to buy a pci-express videocard, which tend to be exspensive. I would recommend a board like this:http://www2.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813138242
because it has integrated video and audio, but is also upgradeable to an agp card if you decide you need some extra power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom