Adding memory

Status
Not open for further replies.
uzi9mm said:
The memory will be underclocked to PC-2700, also to make sure that you run memtest86 to make sure it works 100%.

Is all PC3200 underclocked to 2700 direct from the factory? Thats dumb. So is that why my memory only runs at 333 when it should be at 400? I have it set to SPD in the bios, should I make it manual and set it?

Is all PC3200 underclocked to 2700 direct from the factory? Thats dumb. So is that why my memory only runs at 333 when it should be at 400? I have it set to SPD in the bios, should I make it manual and set it?
No, the memory speed is determined by the FSB. Since this is an Athlon XP with a 333 FSB, and assuming the FSB/RAM ratio is 1:1, the RAM will match the speed of the FSB speed.

Therefore the BIOS is what underclocks the memory, not the factory.

So my FSB is 533, but my ram (for reasons beyond me) only clocks in at 333. Now I know my mobo supports ddr400, and also that the ram is good (I had 2 previous sticks with the sam problem so I RMA'ed them and got these new ones and alas, the same problem.) So you by chance got an idea on what that may be?

You RAM isn't properly configured, go into the BIOS, increase the frequency to where it should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom