Hmm which Raid set to get...

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing to take into consideration though, you're going to configure a RAID 0 with four drives, which totals 480GB of data storage. RAID 0 is not a RAID in the traditional sense as it is not fault tolerant, and you run a huge risk. If one of those drives fail on you, the data on all four drives becomes unusable.

ive never had a hdd fail on me, i dont see why raid 0 is such a problem. I have a External 80gb HDD that i use for important backups so even if my hdd fails i still have a copy.

I would go with the two 10k HD's for the simple fact that you say its for intense video editing. that difference in speed can save you a load of time in the long run.

Maybe not as much space but deffinatly better speeds. Which when dong intense video editing the speed is important.

@nickbrown sorry your wrong mate, 4 7200rpm drives will pawn two 10000rpm drives for transfer speed. plus there will be a larger storage space, only thing is it might be alittle bit louder and hotter, but thats what u get for high end performance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom