Looking For A Free Linux Os For My Laptop, Dell Inspiron 3000 Laptop Model No: TS30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retro_Killa

Beta member
Hello I am very new to the site. I am also new to using Linux OS.
I just bought a Dell Inspiron 3000 Laptop Model No: TS30H. I paid only 5$ for it with all the goodies Docking Station & removable CD & Floppy drives.

I was hoping to get an OS for this laptop I would only use it at Collage & around the house for homework.

Is there a good system out there for my laptop?

I know for a fact that this laptop has a 2gig hard drive & a Pentium Processor (1)

If there is a system out there can I get it for free?

here is what i did find for free that might run good on my Old School Laptop

maybe someone can downalod what i a d/l
Here is what you need to download:
ftp://ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/distributions.../dsl-1.0rc2.iso

and then walk me thru it :)

i am useing nero 6

<---- is a DJ learning to become a Computer Geek :)

it is going on an old school laptop with a 2gig HD made in 1996

Dude seriously that was a rip-off!! Best idea, throw it away and get a new one. But if you have a really small budget, then I don't know, lol.

How much ram does the system have? If it is 32 or more, you have a few options. Unfortunately, Anything with a GUI will be rough on your system. I have a Thinkpad 390E with 64 megs of ram and Knoppix doesn't like to run without a swap file.

try damn small linux. i have a i3000 as well (although a bit newer, 366mhz p2, 96mb ram, 6gb hd) and dsl runs very nicely on it. it is a bit complicated to use however, fluxbox does take some getting used to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom