Doom 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nubius said:
Meh really don't want to McK

Anywho, if I recall correctly dale, way back when you were choosing to give up performance for shadows....under those circumstances that'd be ridiculously stupid.

image quality would be a huge factor.

if i had THE ULTIMATE GRAPHICS CARD OF DOOM, and i could run doom 3 maxed out and get 45 fps, but instead stuck to my guns and got a different card that ran doom 3 at 60 fps, but didn't look as good, i would definatly go with the one that lookes better.

beedubaya said:
I'll have to check for this glitch on my X800 Pro. Although the rendering is more precise with the new version 1.2. The glitches I previously saw no longer appear, such as in the antialiasing and stuff.
You all should realize I'm talking about aao (america's army ops).
This 'shadow bug' does not apply to other games. Each game may or may not have it's own shadow bugs.

And yes nubius aao does play better on ATI. I just wanted to make sure you went with performance.

AAO isnt that much of a demanding game. i ran it on an integrated card for awhile without a hitch. if it runs better on ATI, its by the slightest of margins. some games are built to run on ATI, others on nvidia.

And Dale, we should play it together sometime.

AAO sucks. I downloaded it and tried getting into it and it's just a horrible game. The movement, the shooting, it's absolutely terrible.

But yeah that current shadowbug may be for AAO, but like I've pointed out before, and I don't even know if you remember this way back when, but during the 9xxx series I believe it was, in a lot of games, if you were on ATI and someone messaged you in MSN and that little pop up notification came up, it'd basically be a wallhack, and for whatever reason you were able to blatently see people through walls.

ATI has some problems if they can't display a game properly without weird hacks and/or glitches. Punk buster does recognize that wallhack as such and will ban you from that game.

I've never actually heard of that and I'm pretty active in the community. Either they fixed that with a driver or with the game itself, because it no longer happens, and trust me I would have heard about it. I am active in TWL forums and they discuss every possible .ini modification and the anti-cheat director constantly updates his hack-scan program so I think if there was such an obvious bug as that then it would have been discussed.

@dhw aao isn't built for ATI, it is just a direct3d game and hence runs better on ati, I don't know the exact benchmarks but somewhere around 5 fps difference and maybe 10 or 15 fps at some higher aa/af settings, as a ballpark

also not sure when you last played but a lot of the newer sf levels they have made tend to be more graphical and more demanding on your machine, especially sf hospital and sf village, of course you can still play with super-ugly graphics but they are still a bit slow on older cards

I'd love to play sometime though

back @ nubius
As far as it sucking, well you know matter of opinion of course. :p
But I like it mainly because it takes a lot of skill and intelligence compared to many other fps where you just run around blasting everything i.e. counter-strike, doom 3, halo 2(xbox), etc. I mean I just feel so incredibly confident on aao because the game takes so much thinking and strategy. Generally speaking my shot isn't that good on most games. I play Halo 2 sometimes and I hate it now because whoever has the best gun usually wins. If you got at somebody with 2 smgs and you have a needler you are going to lose for example. On aao somebody can come charging at me with a full-auto rpk blazing and I just lean tha corner and pop him in the head with an m16.
Personally I think the movement is sweet, you can lean a corner and as soon as they come around you pop them or if you miss you duck back again and when they round the corner at you you jump sideways and crouch and give them a good burst to the head. For some reason the game just suits me perfect, everybody likes SAWs and rpks or even ak's (cause they have full auto) but I always take the m16 with burst fire and just use the accuracy and precision with some nice jukes and moves to give them the headshots they deserve.

Ugh, darn you nubius now you got me all excited, I suddenly have the urge to play some aao.

Ah yes, DOOM 3. If you wanna see some serious shiznit, you need to play it on my RIG. FX-55 with (2) 6800 ULTRAS in SLI.

I turn off all the lights, drink a crap load of caffeine... Crank up the Surround sound.... Scares the crap outta you...

again with the bragging about your system. Cut it out already havoc, you said this in many other threads. :p

But actually I just played the demo of Doom 3 on my xbox with the lights out and the surround sound cranked up and that is pretty scary stuff lol. When this one creature lunged at me out from between a couple of stairs I wet my pants. :(

And I don't care what you people say about xbox. The graphics on Doom 3 are awesome and I get good fps with no lag or stutter at all, so you pc-fanboys can just shove it.

yeah regarding that wall hack I said that happened way back during the 9xxx series, I believe it's long since been fixed, I wasn't referring to something recent, but also I believe you'd have to use old drivers. Basically you'd have to go way out of your way to get it to work. Main point is, it used to be an issue and unless you've been in TWL scene and checking the anti cheat for years now you wouldn't have heard about it.

It was atleast like 2001-2002 I believe.

back @ nubius
As far as it sucking, well you know matter of opinion of course
Of course :D

But I like it mainly because it takes a lot of skill and intelligence compared to many other fps where you just run around blasting everything
Play soldier of fortune 2 infiltration then ;)

When I did play AAO it seemed to easy, I hated the movements and of course I didn't know where to go, but after playing a game like sof2, man it was easy as hell to kill people, but of course they have an advantage in knowing where to camp, things like that.

BTW: Sof2 has that 'lean' too lol. This is mainly what I compared AAO to and sof2 is much better. More fluid movements, you know damn well when you are hitting someone with the bullets, headshots, leaning around corners all that same crap, but better! :p

EDIT: Well I'd hope there isn't lag on the Xbox honestly.

I can't play it like havoc lol, but I can still play it high settings, 1280x1024 at 2x AF (4X will drop to 30FPS a lot so it bugs me :p ) and it looks freakin amazing. I ran it at ultra settings 8x AF for the hell of it, and I simply can't really tell a whole helluva lot of difference between HIGH and ULTRA lol.

Resurrection of evil is aright, has some cool features besides the 'grabber' gun being a blatent rip off of HL2....overall doom3 is aright, but HL2 is better because of the vast space.

It is scary though which bugs me lol, I like just gunnin through places not worrying about what will pop out

Nubius said:
It was atleast like 2001-2002 I believe.

Play soldier of fortune 2 infiltration then ;)

When I did play AAO it seemed to easy, I hated the movements and of course I didn't know where to go, but after playing a game like sof2, man it was easy as hell to kill people, but of course they have an advantage in knowing where to camp, things like that.

BTW: Sof2 has that 'lean' too lol. This is mainly what I compared AAO to and sof2 is much better. More fluid movements, you know damn well when you are hitting someone with the bullets, headshots, leaning around corners all that same crap, but better! :p
Well the game was released late in June of 2002 so... :p

I have never played soldier of fortune 2, I assume it isn't free either... :(

That's what originally got me into aao, at the time I had little money but wanted to play a game, so $0 was enticing, and no I don't pirate sorry.

As far as the gameplay goes I don't even know what version you played, but I assume you know they patch it all the time, so if you played it on like version 1.2 or something...well the game is completely different now hehe :D

I know other games have the lean, it mainly depends on th effectiveness. But mainly with aao I like the variety or things you can do. So many things are actually able to work just because of how the game is. You can lean in the middle of a room and when someone walks in you just pop em. Or you could go prone right in a hallway and try to catch somebody off guard which actually works sometimes. There's a variety of shooting tactics too. I helped to pioneer the uber-1337 crouch 'n' shoot ^trademark^ which involves shooting a burst on the crouch and bouncing back up and then crouching again while strafing an enemy. There's also of course the bunny hope tactic where you jump to dodge and then shoot a burst when you hit the ground, or if there is an obstruction like a pillar you lean it, then jump out and shoot, then jump back behind, then lead them around again. There's just soo many ways to own noobs, because they think they can just walk at you and shoot like you can in other games, but then they just get a burst to the heda out of nowhere and start crying hacker.
I will have to post some screenshots of people accusing me, some of them are downright funny, plsu I like to brag about my e-skills. :D :eek:

im a pretty decent player in AA. I really enjoy the game, and it appealed to me cuz i wanted to get a new game, and it was free, so where could i go wrong? nobody likes AAO at 1st. its so ultra realistic that people who have been playing SoF2 and CS are like huh? Thats a game??? after u get fairly good at it though, it becomes a lot more fun.

my personal fav way 2 own n00bs is to blast em at long range with an m16. hehe, got 40/40 on the marksmanship, been practicing my m16 skillz for awhile. but anyway, i dun play SF that much, stick to MOUt, pipe, and bridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom